Sunday, February 14, 2016

Beloved: A Valentine's Week Study for Women Day #6- I Love You with a Promise



February 14th:
Happy Valentine's Day... The Hallmark Day of all Hallmark Days... The day of cards, chocolates, flowers and maybe a little ooo-la-la...

Valentine's Day... a last minute to scribble the "I love you" into a card. 

Don't get me wrong, I like cards and flowers just as much as the next girl.  Jewelry is nice, too (hint, hint).  BUT, none of these things express the true love of the heart and soul.

What expresses love?  If you have gone to a wedding, ever, you probably have heard the following read:

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8
Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails

Love never fails...

I can clearly see what I should be and what my love for my Beloved should be.  I can also clearly see some things that I am not... but I also see the things I try to be or that I know I am.  Being a wife and a Christian I am forever walking on a path until death.  If I already have reached my goal there would be nothing to strive for.  There's only one perfect love and that is through the only one perfect person, Jesus.

Today, take 1 Corinthians and write it out as a promise to your Beloved. If you aren't married, write that promise to your future spouse.  Sign it.  Be held accountable.  Then... love.  Love because he's your Beloved and you are his.   And in the end... you are both God's Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment