Saturday, February 13, 2016

Beloved: A Valentine Week Study for Women Day #5- No More Romance


February 13th:
Romantic Love...

When you first met your beloved one or when you first were married did anyone ever tell you that in ten to fifteen years your love wouldn't be the same?  Did someone tell you that your love would not be passionate or romantic and it would turn more into... something else?

Denial... I was a doubter.

Fast Forward 16 years... here I am at something else...

Respectfully in love with my Best Friend Forever.

I cannot imagine my life without him.  When we laugh or joke, when we argue or stomp feet, when we disagree and not talk, it's not because of romantic, passionate starry-eyed love- it's because of a respectful love that is united in a binding contract under God.

If you are still starry-eyed at 16 years in, good on you.  Every single day I have something better... I have forever.

The best way that I can describe the love I have for my Beloved is in 1 Samuel 16: 7

But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

Look at the heart...

In what ways is your love different now than when you first fell in love?  What ways is your love the same?   Is there a Bible verse, poem, or saying that describes the love you have for your Beloved?  If so, I challenge you to send it to him in a special way today.

No comments:

Post a Comment